How will we use your information?
The personal information submitted through the Participant management system is collected for evaluation purposes, it will further be used to determine and contact the candidates who will receive an invitation to participate during the ISFiT19 festival.
- Information like your name, e-mail, home address, date of birth, phone number and english proficiency are used to evaluate and contact you regarding your interest in becoming an ISFiT participant.
- Information on your citizenship, job, income, relationship status, passport and travel insurance are used to verify eligibility for a Norwegian visa.
- Only current students are eligible for ISFiT participation. Therefore we need information on your affiliation with a University, field of study and whether you are currently enrolled.
- Information on physical impairment is used for planning accessibility on workshops, living accommodations, as well as social and cultural events.
- Information on allergies and affiliation with a dietary law will be used to make sure we offer food which takes different needs into consideration.
- Information on emergency contacts will be used if any emergency involving you, as a participant, should occur.
- Specifying information on an emergency contact and their affiliation to you will also be used to evaluate eligibility for a Norwegian visa.
- ISFiT will need to know if you require a prayer room, or else we cannot guarantee that we can facilitate this for you.
For more information regarding eligibility for Norwegian visa, go here or here, to read about the rules applying to Norwegian visas direct from the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration.
Your personal information may be reviewed by volunteers within ISFiT who need such access in order to evaluate your application for participation.
Certain information pertaining sensitive data such as your religion, political views, ethnicity, health and information similar to this, should only be shared if strictly necessary.
Providing information is voluntary, but may be required in order for ISFiT to evaluate you as an applicant.
Disclosure of information
This website is created by a group of volunteers working within ISFiT, with servers hosted by Amazon Web Services located in Ireland. The team responsible for creating and maintaining the website may need access to the personal data stored in the system for administration and maintenance purposes only.
Rights of the data subject
The right to access and rectify information
You can access your personal information and application status by logging onto your account at any time before and after the application has been submitted. You are able to rectify your personal information at any time after you have submitted your application and until the end of the application deadline. After the deadline you also have the right to obtain, without undue delay, rectification of any inaccurate personal data concerning you. You can exercise this right by contacting ISFiT at email@example.com.
The right to withdraw consent and be deleted
You have, at any time, the right to withdraw your consent or delete your information from our systems. This can be done by logging in and clicking on the button “Withdraw consent”, or by contacting us using the contact detail on the bottom of this page. The information that you share will be stored for no longer than necessary and no more than 2 months after the festival ends. Anonymized data information will be stored after this deadline, but will be used strictly for statistical purposes.
The right of data portability
At any time, you have the right to receive the personal data we, as the data controller, has stored on you, in a structured, easy-to-read and machine-readable manner if you ever want to transmit your data to another data controller.
The right to object or restrict the use of your information
You can object to processing of your personal information or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information.
The right to complain
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Our main establishment is in Trondheim, Norway. A complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority can be sent to: Datatilsynet, Postboks 458 Sentrum, 0105 Oslo. For more information on how to complain, please visit their site here. ISFiT is the data controller of your personal information. For further questions about our use of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.